1. Proceed to LTO Main Office at East Ave. Go to window 10. Bring your driver’s license and Original Reciept (OR), and a photocopy of both. Current fee is P100. No receipt will be given, only a claim stub.
- If you lost your driver’s license OR, Get an affidavit of loss, have it notarized and request for a copy from the LTO branch where you acquired your driver’s license
- Claim stub’s are only valid for 3 months starting from the date it was given to youLTO Main Office Address: 1200 East Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Office Hours: 8am-5pm (Monday – Friday)
- Proceed to DFA Aseana, show your claim stub to the guard outside and ask which gate to enter
- Drop the claim stub at the proper dropbox, and wait for your name to be called
- Your name will be called and will be asked to queue and provide a valid ID at a certain counter
- Check printouts if it has all your info correct
- Proceed to the cashier (near the exit) and pay P100
- Give the receipt back to window 9, and wait for you name to be called
- Your name will be called and will now be presented with the authenticated LTO certificate
- Check info before leaving
NOTE: If you are a representative claiming the authenticated certificate in behalf of someone, You will need the following requirements:
- Your valid ID and a photocopy of it
- Valid ID of the person you are representing (owner of the document) and a photocopy of it
- Notarized Special Power of Attorney giving you the right to claim the authenticated certificate in behalf of someone. (DFA will no longer accept authorization letters)
Special Power of Attorney (SPA) usually costs P1,000 and up to have a lawyer draft it for you. The cheaper way to go is, draft your own SPA and just pay for it to be notarized at a notary public in your barangay or municipal/city hall (usually P100 per page).
Here’s a template i made which you can re-use:
SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
That I, (Name of document owner), Filipino citizen, of legal age, single, with residence and postal address at (Address of document owner) , do hereby name, constitute, and appoint (Name of representative), of legal age, single, with residence and postal address at (Adress of representative), to be my true and lawful Attorney-in-Fact for me in name, place and stead, to do and perform the following acts, to wit:
- To represent, claim/receive my DFA-authenticated LTO certificate at DFA Aseana, Paranaque city, 1714 Metro Manila.
- To make, sign and execute, for and in my behalf, any documents, which may be necessary for the release of the LTO certificate.
HEREBY GIVING AND GRANTING unto my said Attorney-in-Fact full power and authority to do and perform each and every act which may be necessary or convenient, in connection with any of the foregoing as fully to all intents and purposes as I might or could do, if personally present and acting in person, HEREBY RATIFYING AND CONFIRMING all that my said Attorney-in-Fact may also do or cause to be done under and by virtue of these presents.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this ____ day of _____, 2016 at the Province/City of (Name of City/Province).
SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF:
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES)
PROVINCE/ CITY OF ____________) S.S.
BEFORE ME, a Notary Public for and in ______________, this _______day of __________, 2016, personally appeared the above-named person, who has satisfactorily proven to me her identity through her identifying document written below her name and signature, that they are the same person who executed and voluntarily signed the foregoing Special Power of Attorney, duly signed by her instrumental witnesses at the spaces herein provided which they acknowledged to me as their free and voluntary act and deed.
WITNESS MY HAND AND NOTARIAL SEAL, this _______ day of __________, 2016, in the _____________, Province of ____________.
Doc. No. ___________;
Page No. ___________;
Book No. ___________;
Series of ___________;